Sunday, December 7, 2008

back to the 40's

I came across some pictures of the latest Louis Vuitton campaign with Madonna. It’s dark, edgy yet sophisticated. The closest I can come to think of is 1940’s Paris meets Cabaret. Just my kind of thing. I’m stuck in a time warp. I want to be transported to the smokey salons of Paris with sex and glamour in equal abundance. Those were the days when the world must have felt like a very unsafe place, and the remedy for fear was to let go of one’s inhibitions. There are in fact accounts of orgies playing out in those final hours in Berlin before the Russians entered the city. Scenes we cannot begin to comprehend. Perhaps it’s not so strange that sex and fashion will get a new more restrained make-over in the shadows of the credit crunch. It will be more strict and austere, which will play all the more with our senses and fantasies.

































A second photo shoot I came across is the one of Dita von Teese for Playboy. Dita mixes perfectly demure with dominance. She is the type of woman I would love to meet in a bar, over a whisky and a cigar. Glances would be exchanged followed by a casual comment over something rather trivial. It would open the evening for unexpected events....




















1 comment:

Mia said...

Susanne...You little minx.....
Dita is gorgeous though, I have to agree with you

 
Clicky Web Analytics