Wednesday, December 3, 2008

an so there was none...

This morning I had a weird feeling that things were not going to work out the way it was planned. It started with that I was late for an appointment, as we had an appointment with our contractors to look at a blockage in the shower. Of course they were late, and so my morning didn’t start as planned. When I finally was on my way, I realised I needed money, so I quickly run to the cash dispenser. Almost got hit by a bus, but big as I am he saw me in time to hit the breaks. As I was approaching the cash dispenser, I thought it would be just typical i fit was out of order. Luckily it wasn’t but the feeling of something going loop sided kept bothering me.

Earlier in the morning, Reinout had been complaining not feeling well. There is a flu epidemic spreading like the plague, and even the best of us can’t escape it. When I came back from my appointment Reinout was feeling even worse, and it was clear that our Paris trip wasn’t going to fly. As the day progressed all hopes of a late drive vanished. If doom and gloom hadn’t already descended upon us, it did so when my 10 year old daughter Victoria came home. She quickly picked up the vibes, and although the tears and screams were for the most part left out, she had another response in store – silence. I’ve been told I am the master of it, and perhaps this is so. In fact I often find words redundant in certain situations, and secondly I prefer to retreat and ponder my options over going in full force attack. It’s a different style of arguing and what I have learned is that silence vs. attack can result in lengthy battles.

Victoria refused to talk to me as she was clearly demonstrating her unhappiness. This was going to be a battle on two fronts.

Several hours later I have managed to make peace with my daughter, with a bit of bribery. But sadly the trip to Paris seem to be looking like a rather bleak prospect.



















The closest I will get to it

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics