Wednesday, December 3, 2008

picture perfect

Just came back from a meeting with the photographer of the photo session I had the other evening. I typically don’t like to get my pictures taken, but I was pleasantly surprised of the results. The pregnancy nude pictures looked beautiful and very artistic. I thought about why I felt so comfortable with the whole idea of posing nude. I couldn’t quite get it until my conversation with Marieke yesterday. She wisely pointed out that as pregnancy is the most natural thing there is, it makes as look at a pregnant body in a total different way. I suppose it de-sexualise for once the woman, who is so often portrayed in an objectified way in media today. Well it was an experience I’m happy to have, and a very nice memory for the future. The photos will be ready next week. We’ll have to see if I dare to publish one or two photos here...

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics