Sunday, November 23, 2008

A balancing act

My cold is getting worse. I’ve been raiding the cupboard for anything that will relieve a sore nose and throat. From cough medicine, citrosan, and tracitol, to strepsils and vitamin C, in short I’m overdosing on on pills and medicines. But so far the results are not in a hurry.

Today was a particular busy day, when I least needed it. Although having spent most of the day in bed, it’s been a non-stop emailing, and cleaning up inboxes (I have 4!) I need to be more synchronised. Victoria has an assignment for school - Computer Games. Even though spending what seems like entire days playing games, she has a hard time finding information. It annoys the hell out of me, and it ends up in tears. I ignore it (my by now infamous Swedish attitude as Reinout calls it). Victoria runs downstairs and come up with Reinout in tow. “What the f*ck is going on?”. I hastily end a skype call with a good friend I haven’t spoken to for in months. Typical, the one time I have time to catch up with friends I get interrupted. But the focus shifts swiftly from skype call to Victoria. An animated conversation breaks out.

I don’t have much to add, but the message is clear. Victoria is not taking her school-work seriously and expects others to do the work for her. But the conversation pays off. 4 hours later she has two pages. It’s a good start.

I feel relieved and turn my attention to the next chore, laundry and ironing. I finished it all half an hour ago. Finally some time to relax.



housewife....moi?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics