Thursday, November 20, 2008

Food for thought

Dinners are perfect ways of getting to know people. Instead of inviting someone over for an afternoon job interview, invite them over for dinner. The devil is in the detail, and the details accumulated paint the picture. It can be daunting, especially for the one invited, but it also creates a perfectly relaxed atmosphere putting everyone at ease. Today was one of those dinners at our home. I can’t say what the outcome will be, but the subject in question fitted perfectly in with our soirĂ©e of friends. As the evening progressed, so did the wine and conversation, and we were all pretty eager to share our knowledge of history trivia. I must confess I’m quite a history buff, and on top of this extremely competitive. I was in fact one of those terribly annoying kids in school, sitting on front row and waving my hand for the teacher to take notice. This infantile behaviour makes its comeback now and then, especially when it comes to games and discussions. I completely lunge myself at the subject, dissecting every little detail, until my guests become utterly bored or confused, or in some cases both.

Fortunately there were more than one history buff at the table, and so I was in good company. If it was up to me, he’s hired!



dinner leftovers

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics