Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Parisian wet dream

I can’t help but thinking of Paris, the city of light and love. We are going there next week, first to Disneyland and then a few days shopping, dining and socializing. Every time I go there, I make a personal commitment to visit the Christian Louboutin store. It has become the holy grail of shoes to me, like my quest for Fracas 10 years ago (which took me two years before I found it in an obscure perfume store downtown Milan). This time, given that I have (with a few exceptions) kept to my shopping ban, I might splash out. I love the red sole, and the patent leather that has become his signature trademark. It’s the kind props that could come straight out of a novel by Henry Miller.

http://assnkicks.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/christian-louboutin-patent-peep-toe-mary-janes.jpg
Paris is my far my favourite city. It oozes glamour and sophistication, something Amsterdam sadly falls short of. The women look fantastic, from 17 to 70, they know how to work le chic. Ah well, with France hopefully not being too far away from the horizon, it won’t be long before I can count myself to being part of this elusive specie.

Milling through some of our old pictures from Paris I found these...

But before I forget, any good restaurant tips are most welcome!



Fooling around in a Parisian hotel room




Mon cherie




Jonathan, our favourite Paris boy

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics