Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a perfect dinner conversation

I just came out of a hot, steamy shower. Perfect ending to a never ending day. My sore throat has gradually receded to a dull ache. Unfortunatly my sexy, husky voice has disappeared too. In fact it was the best compliment I’ve gotten in months from someone other than my husband, when a colleague pointed out that my voice sounded incredibly sexy. That remark alone got me through the rest of the day.

I left office rather early, 5.15 pm as I had a dinner to attend to. Our guest this evening was Reinout’s notary and good friend Peter. As always, meatballs were on the menu. They’ve got a strong reputation by now, and whenever Reinout is looking to close a deal, make his point, get what he wants (but not necessarily deserve), meatballs are on the menu. So far so good....the strategy seems to work.

Evening progressed and we shared many war stories, from encounters with the Royal family to the Amsterdam criminal world. Two seemingly wide apart subjects, but neverthless rather close considering Princess Mabel’s past history with the liquidated, infamous drug baron Klaas Bruisma. But as the Dutch society is all about equal opportunities, we’ve naturally accepted such a minor faux pas. After all don’t we all have our hidden skeletons?

And on that note, it’s time for me to say good night, before I loose myself in an endless diatribe....



meatballs



smile...NOT



hungry eyes

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics