Saturday, November 22, 2008

the un-easy way

Saturdays used to me a day of at least moderate rest. Slow wake up at 10.30 followed by coffee, news, brunch in town around 13.00, a little bit of shopping, home at 4 o’clock, read a book, watch a film, dinner and a movie. Sounds perhaps boring, but this was my ideal Saturday, no I stand corrected, my usual Saturday which I had no complains over what so ever. But times are different alas. A Saturday looks more like this now... wake up at 8.45 by the dogs running riot through the house. Cecile aka the Devil, will start banging the door with her paws until someone can’t stand it any longer and will rush to give her immediate attention. That someone is usually me. The fact that you just want to strangle her completely escapes her as she wags her tails and bats her eyelids oblivious to my feelings....she is a woman after all, and knows all the tricks in the world to seduce.

At this point the whole house is awake, and the one least of all happy is my other half. I notice this from his short replies and looks that could kill, literally. My female talents are perhaps not as well developed as Cecile’s but apt enough to understand that some tender, love and care is needed. So I run downstairs to make a perfect cappuccino. He accepts......for now. Phew I’m off the hook for another half an hour, and enjoy my own coffee which has now gone lukewarm.
News are nothing to write home about, so after 30 minutes of uninspirational reading I hit the shower. In half an hour I have an appointment for my facial, but I manage to make a second cappuccino to appease my husband. It works...or at least so I think.

Dash off for my facial, which at this point I’m in desperate need of. 15 minutes later I’m all tucked up to the sound of dolphins. I’ve waited for this moment all day and it’s only 10.30!
Home at 12.30 I find my husband in a better mood. He is smoking a cigar and playing with the dogs. He has discovered that Cecile can in fact break-dance, with a little bit of help. He spins her around on her back, over and over. It looks worse than it is, because she’s coming back for more. “It’s good for her. It will only make her feisty to the other dogs”. I get the mental image of Cecile turning into a pitbull. The potential is certainly there.

Ah well, I’m starving , so I get Victoria all dressed to hit town... It’s windy, cold, and in fact snowing. The cold is penetrating my bones, and I can’t button my jacket (I’m too big!). After the 5th shop I’m running out of energy and from there on it’s downhill. By the time we’re are about to turn back home, my energy levels are in free fall. Victoria notice, because I give her the look. The same look that Reinout gave this morning...the only difference being it took me about 6 hours to work it up. Reinout has a natural talent.

Back at home, Reinout is all cosy with a friend. My company is not desired. I try to win them over with some filled speculaas (gingerbread)...it’s homemade I point out. No interest. At this point I’m so fed up I go upstairs and crash.
I just woke up....



waking up to a snowy garden



Pregnancy glow (after facial)

2 comments:

MMOhub.org said...

Your company was appreciated by Mark Jan and me!!! we were just talking and had coffee and "appelgebak". So not realy hungry. After a busy week I just had to slow down!

Very good this blog, so we can build a relationship trackback thing here. We can always read back :)

Love you honey..nice picture. cannot wait for another devil...a boy!
xrein

fracasnoir said...

yes, you never know when this relationship trackback might come in handy ;-)

xxx

 
Clicky Web Analytics