Monday, November 17, 2008

Body hang-ups

Gaining weight is difficult to cope with for most. Gaining weight during pregnancy is a hell hole. My pre-pregnancy weight was 52 kg, hard maintained with a 5 day a week excercise regime, atkins diet and a busy life style. Even with all that hard work it was still difficult to keep, but I managed. I found out I was pregnant in June, and the first months were no problem in keeping the 2. I was feeling ill and didn’t have much of an appetite. But things changed when we went on our vacation to France. Typically I actually loose weight during holidays, due to sun, sea and a lot of beefsteaks. But this time the pastas were luring. I hadn’t had pasta in years, and those spaghetti carbonara and al pesto were talking to me 24/7.

That holiday alone I gained 5 kg. Coming home I decided to be strict, eat as healthy as I could, 3 main meals and two snacks. But even so the kilos kept piling on. Soon enough I broke the 60 mark. My goal was to gain 12 kg all in all, and 64 kg became a fixed target albeit a target that I didn’t want to reach. The 64 kg barrier was breached a month ago. 5 and a half month and another 4 months to go. I was in dispair! Every measure I took, seemed to be in vain. OK, I managed to keep 64 for a few weeks, but if I was thirsty one evening, then it was there immediatly the next day. It didn’t even matter that it was all water and tea I drank. I now start feeling a great appreciation for those men and women that go on one diet after the other without any results.

This morning I stood on the scale and to my horror it landed on 66kg! Being realistic I had already moved THE target from 64 to 66 with an absolute promise not to gain one more ounce than that.

The next 2.5 months will be an interesting period trying to maintain a weight whilst my belly is inflating. And in all fairness it’s so trivial, when a healthy kid is all that matters.

I have a grueling fitness program to look forward to in the New Year....



why did I ever complain about this?



...after my pasta infusion 3 months later



...yesterday

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Picture !!!!!!!xxxTeun&Arlette

 
Clicky Web Analytics